Experienced Divorce Lawyers in Ottawa
Your family is one of the most important things in your life, which is part of why family legal matters can be so difficult to deal with. To ensure your rights are protected in such situations, it is often a good idea to seek the help of a family law lawyer. In Ottawa, Galarneau & Associates Professional Corporation takes a personalized approach to family law. You’ll receive advice and representation to meet your specific needs, whether you’re undergoing a divorce, seeking spousal support or trying to adopt a child. Our experience and compassion will help us ensure your needs are met.
Our Family Law Lawyers Offer Many Services
When working with our family law lawyers in Ottawa, you want someone who takes the time to understand your personal situation. Our team has years of experience guiding families through a myriad of legal matters, including:
- Divorce: If you and your partner agree to a divorce, you can apply with a joint application, but if only one of you want a divorce, you can apply alone. To get a divorce, your relationship must meet certain conditions, such as being legally married.
- Spousal support: When you and your partner separate or divorce, you may be entitled to spousal support or have to pay spousal support. This payment is designed recognize each partner’s contributions to the relationship and even out financial matters to the partner who, for example, gave up a career to raise children.
- Property division: Married couples usually share the value of their property if they separate or divorce, which means that the partner with more property usually pays money to the partner with less. In most situations, the property itself is not physically divided.
- Child custody: Child custody is the legal right to make major decisions about and how to care for your children; it is not about with whom your children live or how much time they spend with you.
- Child support: To ensure your children are being equally financially supported by both parents even after a divorce or separation, often child support is required to be paid by the parent who spends less time caring for the children.
Our family law lawyers in Ottawa can help you further understand these situations and ensure your rights are protected.
Contact Us about Family Law in Orleans, Ontario
Your family law matter is unique to you, and your family law lawyer in Ottawa should treat your case as such. Galarneau & Associates Professional Corporation is known for being experienced, compassionate and affordable. To learn more about how we can help you with family law in Orleans, Ontario, please contact us to schedule a consultation.